Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Trey Anastasio Band: The Warfield 2003

In May of 2003, The Trey Band hit the road for a small 6 city run before the big Phish Summer tour. At the Warfield gig, Big Red managed to talk old friend Carlos Santana to sit in for a few tunes in the first set - and then the entire second. They get to groove out one of the longest Way I Feel's that I've ever heard and the Mr. Completely clocks in at around half an hour. And then to top it off they encore with a Beastie Boys cover? Get some.

Trey Anastasio Band
2003/05/31
The Warfield Theatre, San Francisco CA

I: Mozambique, Simple Twist Up Dave, Last Tube*, The Way I Feel*, Cincinnati, Black Dog

II: Mr. Completely* > John The Revelator* > Night Speaks To A Woman* > Caravan*

E: Root Down

* - w/ Carlos Santana on Guitar


1 comment:

  1. Would you mind reposting this? The link is dead, and Trey teaming up with Santana is definetly something I'd love to hear.

    ReplyDelete